Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bryan-Michael Cox at PatchWerk Music University IV

I was so excited when I heard that Bryan-Michael Cox (or B. Cox) was going to be a panelist at Patchwerk's Music University IV! I'm such a fan of B. Cox's music. Since I consider myself a student of music and the music industry, I thought maybe going to Patchwerk's Music University IV just to hear B. Cox would be well worth the money for attending. Was I right?


I'll tell you in a minute. . .

B. Cox was on the Artist & Producers panel at Patchwerk's Music University IV along with Little Drumma Boy (Drum Squad) and L.T. Moe (Trey Songz, Bobby V). All three producers talked about:

1) insider tips on getting a good music publishing deal,

2) believing in your music regardless of what level you are on,

3) the power of networking - see my prior blog to see how I was convinced about networking

4) the advantages of having a manager working for you

5) having a game plan when you enter the music business

6) knowing and being honest about where you are in terms of your development

7) the power of music internships and understudying;

8) about the advantages of joining SESAC, BMI or ASCAP; and

9) how building your brand and making hits increases your earning potential.



Plus, again we got all of these producers' contact information!


So was going to see B. Cox worth my time and money? Let me answer it this way: If you are a songwriter or a producer trying to break into the music industry as such, whenever some of the superproducers such as B. Cox, J. Que from the Clutch, and others are participating as a panelist, GO! It will be well worth the money. Look for them at a music conference or seminar near you. If you wanna know about upcoming music conferences nationwide, check out JaWar's blog at atlantashowcase.blogspot.com or at http://mymusicconnection.blogspot.com/

Thedy B, Attorney/Songwriter

Hits A Million, LLC

http://myspace.com/hitsamillionllc

http://hitsamillion.ning.com