Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do you love the music business?

Hopefully you've read my blogs before and you know I always try to inspire people to stay in the music business and to see their dreams come true. But again, this week my goal is to encourage you to find your true passion if it ain't music. So in my last two blogs, I helped you analyze whether music was just a hobby to you and whether you love music or not. Hopefully by now, you know music is not a hobby to you and that you love music.

In a recent forum on thestudioexposed.com, I created a forum and asked aspiring producers, songwriters, artists and beatmakers, what they love about the music business. Here's some of the things I said in that forum:

What I like or love about the music business:

1. I love music.
2. I love the creative process.
3. I love the challenge of coming up with a hit record.
4. I like knowing that people can be successful in the music business.
5. I love that there are many places that music is being put now and that companies, businesses, engineers, and inventors are coming up with new ways of hearing, getting, transporting, and sharing music all the time.
6. I love the fact that some artists, producers, and songwriters can have long careers in the music business.
7. I like the fact that I can be an entrepreneur in the music business.
8. I love the fact that it gives musicians the opportunity for people to hear their music and share it.
9. I like the fact that you constantly meet a different array of creative people.


If you can't think of these reasons why you love the industry and more, then again I'd suggest you save yourself some money, stay out the music business, find out what you really love to do, and make money doing that! In my next post, I'm going to talk about what some of the other careers are in the music industry that you can do for those of you who are tired of the music business and want to do something else.

Thedy B, Attorney/Songwriter
Hits A Million, LLC
hitsamillion.blogspot.com