Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Network with who?

Okay, based on my series of blogs on networking, you may be convinced now that you need to network. You may also know now from my blogs how to network and where to network. I've also provided some encouragement to those of you who are really just tired of networking.



The question now is who do you network with? Who should you be looking for? What contacts should you be building? I'm glad you asked (:-)



As much as I would like to take the credit for the answer to this question, I think that the expert on making music industry connections is JaWar. JaWar has two music industry books dedicated to helping you make the right music industry connections. He not only tells you who you should connect with but also provides you the means of connecting with those individuals and/or companies by providing contact information.



As you will see from his website, you not only need to network with people in the music industry, you also need to network with people outside the music industry, people such as graphic artists, photographers, printers, etc. JaWar's books will help you make those connections! So that's why I keep saying as I've said in my earlier posts, that these books are truly must haves! (See my other recommended books in the side bar of this blog). As a reader of the Atlanta Music Industry Connection book, I can attest that it has helped me find the right companies to contact to set up my music publishing company. JaWar's Truth about Record Pools, Music Conferences, Talent Shows and Open Mics book has helped me find music conferences in surrounding areas. JaWar's Los Angeles Music Industry Connection book has over 100 digital distribution companies in it. For more information on these books and how you can purchase them, visit JaWar's blog at gomusicconnection.com!

Thedy B, Attorney/Songwriter
Hits A Million, LLC
myspace.com/hitsamillionllc
interviewed.blogspot.com
globalmusicbusiness.blogspot.com
musicpanels.blogspot.com
mobilemusicbusiness.blogspot.com
hitsamillion.ning.com