Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Starting your own songwriting or production team? Cont'd

***** to see my latest post you may have to refresh your browser*****

In my posts last week I discussed the benefits of having a songwriting and/or production team and gave some tips on starting one. If you have not read those blogs, click here

In my last post, I talked about watching you who you get in bed with and discussed the consequences of working with someone you honestly don't know.

But what if the person you want to start a songwriting or production team is already a friend of yours. That should be easier, right? You feel you already know the person, right? Should friends start a songwriting or production team? Should relatives? Should spouses?

Again to get the answers to those questions, I'd suggest reading the bios of the urban songwriting/production teams and popular songwriting teams that I mentioned in my prior blogs from last week. You'll see that some of the teams are married couples, some are friends, some were business professionals who met each other and hooked up to form a business team.

But I want you to read this great article I found which gives some great advice for starting a business with friends and relatives:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/FX102414561033.aspx?ofcresset=1

Let me know what you think!

Thedy B, Attorney/Songwriter
Hits A Million, LLC
hitsamillion.blogspot.com